The Body Shop haul

I've never really been one to shop in The Body Shop. I don't know why, it's just been a shop I've never had a good look in. But, the other day I had a little mooch and came away with some gems that I wish I had discovered sooner.


I have really sensitive skin and eczema which can get quite bad, particularly when it is hot, so I have to be careful with what skin products I use. I have tried so many different creams to try and control my eczema from Doublebase which the doctors recommend to Dream Cream from Lush, but none have succeeded to win the battle against my skin enemy. So I thought why not see what The Body Shop had to offer.

Body Butter
I bought the coconut and Aloe Vera body butters (they were 2 for £16) and Oh wow I am in love! I'm not saying they have made my skin problems any better (to be perfectly honest I don't think anything ever will) but I do think, as moisturisers go, they have been pretty amazing. I went for the coconut one because it smells amazing (reminds me of holidays), and the Aloe Vera one for when I want an unscented cream.

Body Butter's
They make my skin feel so soft and smooth and the coconut butter gives my skin a nice shine. I'm not sure if there's a bit of a shimmer in the cream, but it makes my skin look amazing, which can be hard to when my eczema is having a day out. Not only does it make my skin smell amazing, but it also gives my room a nice coconutty smell too (who needs air fresheners, ey!).

I was also given a small pot of the satsuma body butter for free because I signed up to their discount card and wowzers. It smells soooo good, really fresh and fruity, and again made my room smell amazing.

Coconut Body Butter
The coconut body butter is my favourite, not just for the smell and the shine, but because it's a bit thicker than the others, so a little will go a long way. This is makes me very happy because of the amount of moisturiser I have to use due to my dry itchy skin (it can get ridiculous). I only have to use a little bit in the evening instead of both morning and night time, which I usually have to do with other creams (I chose the evening to use it becasue it is throughout the night where I itch the most). So, this hopefully will save me some pennies too, win!

Lip Butter
As I spent over a certain amount I was also given a little gift set for free. In this gift set was a coconut lip butter. I wasn't overly enamoured with it at first because I didn't think it was doing anything better than the lip balm I usually use (Nivea Essential Care Lip Balm). But, I persevered with it for a few more days and they have actually made my lips really soft. It doesn't have a strong smell like the body butter, but it does have a nice hint of coconut. I don't know whether I would repurchase it or not (not every time I need a new lip product anyway) because I can get cheaper elsewhere that do just as good a job. But, I am really happy with it (especially because it was free!)

Coconut Lip Butter
Hand Cream
Another free product in the gift set was the Absinthe Purifying Hand Cream. It says it is perfect for all skin types. I can get quite dry hands when my eczema is out to play and this cream did leave my hands nice and soft. It also has a really nice perfumed scent (I keep looking like a weirdo smelling my hands now). The only slight problem is that it is quite a wet cream and it does take a while to soak in.

Hand cream

Eau de Toilette
The last item in the gift set was the Honeymania Eau de Toilette. I'm not very good at describing smells but trust me it smells so pretty and it's the perfect size to carry around in your handbag.

Honeymania Eau de Toilette
Have you tried any of these products or would recommend any other Body Shop products?

Faye
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts