Makeup faves

Nothing exciting has happened lately (hence the lack of blogs), so I decided to write about a few things that I'm loving at the minute. You lucky bunch!

Firstly, I've been using quite a lot of Clinique products over the past few months. I'm still on the fence about the skin care products, so watch this space. But, what I do love is their makeup. Every time I visit Clinique (I go to the one in John Lewis in Liverpool because the staff are so good) I always have my makeup done by Emma (my wonderful consultant), and what she puts on me is always perfect. So, it's not so good for my bank balance because I always leave with another product ;)

My clinique makeup: primer, foundation, concealer and BB cream

My absolute favourite product at the minute is the Even Better concealer in the shade porcelain. I used to use Urban Decays 24/7 concealer pencil in the shade CIA, but lately I don't think it covers my blemishes as much as I would like. So, I opted for a change and I cannot recommend the Even Better concealer enough! I only need to use a tiny bit to go a long way and it really does help to make my skin look flawless. Although, because it's not cheap I do still use my Urban Decay concealer, under my eyes in particular to cover those lovely dark circles because, along with my primer, BB cream, or foundation (whichever I'm wearing on that day) I don't need as much coverage there.

That brings me perfectly on to my new BB cream. I've use the age defense BB cream with an SPF 30 in the shade 01. It's lovely for an everyday light coverage and it doesn't make me look shiny like my primer does, so it's perfect for wearing on its own. It can sometimes make me look a bit dry though, so I tend not to use it if my skin is having a particularly dry day.

I absolutely adore their foundations! For the day time when I want a bit more coverage than the BB cream gives me I like to wear the Superbalanced makeup foundation in the shade Alabaster. I only had a sample pot of this one so it's not all gone now *sad face* so I need to purchase another bottle. It can be a little bit too dark for my ridiculously pale skin tone so I only use a little bit, which is great in a way because it meant my sample pot lasted aaaages. Win!

When I'm ready to paaarty and I want absolutely flawless skin I use the anti-blemish solutions foundation in the shade 01 fresh alabaster. This one is just perfect for my skin, maybe a tad too pale, but I love it. My bronzer and blusher sit on this foundation beautifully and they brush on so well. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

There's this one blusher that Emma always puts on me, it's like a peachy colour and it looks so natural and gorgeous. I have no idea what it is called, so I think that might have to be my next purchase. The blusher I am using at the minute though is Urban Decays Naked Flushed pallet in Streak. It includes a bronzer, blusher and highlighter and it's seriously amazing. I've never used highlighter before I got this pallet, but it really does give your makeup a lovely finish.

Urban Decay Naked pallet and concealer pencil. Probably should have wiped the mirror first...ahh well

All my makeup is kitted out, I just need to figure out if I'm using the right skin care (first world dilemmas ey!)

Let me know if you have ever used Clinique and what your thoughts on them are. If not, what's your favourite makeup at the minute?

Fayus Dunkus
xxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

  1. I've never tried Clinique makeup, only their skincare. These are great recommendations!
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) If only they were cheaper, I'd have one of everything haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post,dear!
    Keep in touch xx
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts