Blackberry picking

I decided to make the most of the nice weather (well, dry weather) the other day, so me and a friend went for a long walk together. Where I live there we are literally surrounded by blackberry bushes. I didn't realise how many there were until I started looking for them (they're everywhere!). If there is a road that has plenty of bushes along it, without a doubt there will be a blackberry bush amongst them.



So, friend in tow, plastic tub under one arm and sandwiches in a bag (love a good picnic I do) we set out on our walk to pick some of the juicy fruit.

We got soooo many. We would have had more if we didn't eat half of them (one for me, one for the tub, one for me)

There were loads that weren't anywhere near ready to be picked so I will have to go back again in a few weeks and pick some more (what a shame).

Nice view of the Mersey while we had our picnic

Some pretty flowers we stumbled upon

Anybody else enjoy blackberry (or any other fruit) picking?

Faye
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts