My Skin Care Routine


I’ve been trying out my skincare routine long enough now to give you an honest opinion on the products I have been using. It has taken me nearly a year to find the right products that work for me, originally starting off with products that made my skin ten times worse (not fun!). I’m still trying out new things to find that perfect skincare that I just can’t live without, but here is what I am using at the moment.


My skin care products

 

The Morning


Cleansing

To wake me up in the morning I use the Clinique Anti-blemish soap. I started off with the foam but it runs out so quickly. I found that the bar does the same job but has lasted five times (or more) longer so it is definitely better value for money. It leaves my skin feeling nice and clean (which is always good from a cleanser) and it is quite gentle on my sensitive skin. It is slightly drying though, so I can't get away with not moisturising.


Clinique Anti-blemish bar
Moisturising

To moisturise I use the Simple Kind To Skin Replenishing Moisturiser and the Simple Hydrating Eye Cream. I have used these products for years and I have never found another moisturiser that works as well. I have tried Clinique and The Body Shop face moisturisers and, as much as I love these brands, they can't compete with these products. They are gentle, yet effective; I rarely have dry areas. I am also loving The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter which smells like holidays.

Now my face is prepared for my makeup.

Moisturising products

 

 The Evening


Makup Removers

I take off my eye makeup with Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover with a cotton pad. Find my review on this product here.

I then remove the rest of my makeup with The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter. It easily lifts the makeup and with a damp cloth cleanly wipes off. My skin feels so nice afterwards and is not drying at all. This is definitely one product that I will be buying over and over again.

If I have been wearing a lot of makeup (which I only do for nights out), and if I can be bothered, I will use the cleansing soap again just to make sure all the makeup is removed before I exfoliate. If not, then straight onto the next product I go.

   
My makeup removers




Exfoliate

I use the Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion to exfoliate my skin to ensure all the dirt from the day has been removed. It is a liquid product, not a scrub, so it works very gently making it perfect for everyday use. My skin feels so smooth since I started using this, but it is slightly drying so I do to need to moisturise once I've used it - I use the same moisturising products in the evening as I do in the morning.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion

 

Extras

I have some little extras that I love which I don't use daily - just when I need to. The Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel is what I use when those pesky spots come out to visit. I dab a small amount onto the culprit before I go to bed and it works over night to dry it out. On small blemishes they pretty much go within 1 - 2 goes. Bigger, more stubborn spots do take a bit longer, but it does make them smaller and less aggressive
 
Perfect little extras

The Body Shop Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask is my most recent purchase of the lot and I absolutely love it. I spread the mask over my problem areas and leave for 10-15 minutes and then using lukewarm water I wash it off, exfoliating in the process. Once it is off my skin feels amazing. So smooth and soft. I either use this once a week, or before a night out or just when I feel like I need it depending on how good or bad my skin is at the time.

As you can tell I haven't found the most perfect products because I do find the Clinique products quite drying, but as I have a moisturiser that works for me this is not too much of an issue. I am still on the search for the skin care routine where every single product is absolutely perfect, but right now I am very happy with what I've got.

What are your favourite skin care products?

Faye
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts