Keeping My Brushes Clean


Everyone falls victim to bad beauty habits, I mean, who has time to follow all the rules. But sometimes they are more important than you wish to think.

Cleaning your makeup brushes on a regular basis can seem like such a nuisance and it is so easy to forget to do it, but it's one of those things that needs to be done. I forget all the time, but I really notice the difference when I get my arse in gear and actually do it.

Why is it so important I hear you ask. Well, it prevents bacteria from spreading which essentially helps prevent you from getting those unwanted spots. On a less gross side of things a clean brush can provide an easier and better application of your makeup. So many benefits from such a small task if you remember to do it regularly.

Water on its own, or maybe with a bit of soap, can do the job, but it won't kill all the bacteria that builds up. So, I thought I'd share with you what I use to get my brushes nice and clean.

I use the Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser. I squirt a few sprays all over the bristles and gently massage the brush into my palm and watch the makeup transfer onto my hand.

It comes off so easily

Depending on how long it has been since I last washed them and how much makeup is on them depends on how many squirts I need to spray. After thoroughly massaging my brushes I rinse them under cold water and watch all the makeup wash away. It's such a satisfying feeling seeing all the water turn orangey brown leaving my brushes squeaky clean.

How do you clean your brushes?

Faye
xxxx


Comments

Popular Posts