2014 Favourites

 
2014 has been an absolute belter of a year. So much has happened and I feel like I've done a lot of growing up. I finally passed my driving test, I went on my first holiday with my friends (that's right, NO Parents), in fact I went on two holidays - Paris and Amsterdam. I got my first 'proper adult' full time job - Holla! Aaaand I started this bad boy... my blog.

I discovered quite a lot of new things, so as a celebration of what a great year it has been I have reminisced with a list of my new discoveries, new favourites and new things I have no idea how I survived without them in the past.

Music
Earlier in the year I discovered Hoodie Allen. He's not normally the type of music I listen to, but as soon as I heard Show Me What Your Made Of I kinda became a bit obsessed. I would love to see him live one day!


Shop
For some reason I used to just walk straight past The Body Shop and never really looked in but when I did I instantly fell in love. Every time I go in now I'm like a kid in a sweet shop - I just want to try everything. It is very unlikely that I leave without buying something whether it's a current favourite or something brand new to try. I was very lucky in receiving few The Body Shop gifts from my family for Christmas which I cannot wait to try.

Skincare
Something I am proud of starting this year is taking better care of my skin. It took me a good six months to find the right skincare products for me (skincare routine post to follow) and I am still finding different products that work even better than the last, but now that I have finally have a routine to look after my skin I can't quite believe that I didn't have one sooner.

Travel
I have always had the travel bug and I have been very fortunate in being able to visit some amazing places with my family, but as I mentioned earlier I have finally started travelling with my friends and I am so looking forward to exploring more if the world with them. Earlier in the year I got a wall map for my birthday where I can scratch off the places I have visited and it has made me even more eager to travel.

Disneyland Paris
Amsterdam


Makeup
This has been a year where I have experimented more with makeup. I have tried out different foundations, bolder lipsticks, different eyeliners, but there has been a couple of things that I now use all the time. On a day to day basis I wear Maybelline BB Cream, I prefer Dream Pure, but Dream Fresh is good too. I just find that they give the right amount of coverage without being too heavy - perfect for work. I also absolutely love the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner. For the majority of my nights out and trips to the pub since I bought it I have been wearing this. I find it really defines my eyes and finishes off my makeup nicely.

Drink
I tried Martini for the first time last Christmas Eve (not technically in 2014, I know), and it has become one of my favourite drinks. Definitely what I will be drinking every Christmas Eve now.

Cheers!

Most people toast to 2015 and the exciting future to come, which I do also want to do - so many exciting things I have planned (psst I'm going to Vegas!!!).

But I want to say cheers to 2014 for being such a bloody good year! *chink*

Happy New Year fellow bloggers.

Much love
Faye
xxxxx






2015 come at me bro/bring it on/ watcha got/ beat that/ here's to 2015 *chink*

Comments

Popular Posts