Milk and White Chocolate Cookies

I haven't written a post in a while (oopsie) but I am back with a baking treat. I saw Gabriella make Tanya Burr's chocolate chip cookies, so then I went ahead and watched Tanya make them and they looked like the best cookies ever. Now I have made them I can honestly say that this is actually a fact. They were soooo good and so easy to make.


They have a nice crunch on the outside and are lovely and gooey on the inside. I love how the chocolate stays melted even after being made for a couple of days. But if the chocolate has started to harden again just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds and hey presto, it will be all melty again. Lovely jubbly.

I found that if you eat them straight out of the oven instead of leaving them to set as they cool, they are very much like Pizza Hut's cookie dough and would be amazing with ice cream. Cheeky tip for ya ;) (you're welcome).

All you need is:
200g butter
300g caster sugar
1 egg
325g self raising flour
dash of milk
200g white chocolate
200g milk chocolate

All my ingredients and utensils

And all you have to do is:
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
Mix the butter and sugar together.
Add the egg.
Gradually mix in the flour.
Pour a tiny bit of milk in if the mixture is too dry.
Break up the chocolate and add to the mixture.
Split the mixture into the size of your palm (ish) and place it on to a lined baking tray.
Leave plenty of space between each cookie because they will spread.
Tanya says to bake for ten minutes, but I left mine in for a few minutes extra because I made my first batch a bit too big so they needed longer to bake.
Leave them on the tray to cool and harden before moving on to a cooling rack. I moved some of mine too soon and they started to fall a part (my bad) so don't make the same mistake I did.

Ready for the oven

My first batch were mahooosive

The right size

This picture makes me so hungry

Try to resist breaking bits off to munch on while they cool otherwise there will be none left because once you've had one you will want them all...or not they taste too good to resist.

Here is a link to Tanya's video if you want to watch how she made it. She probably explains it a lot better than me.
Tanya's video

Let me know if you give them a go and what you thought of them.

I was actually so proud of myself at how good they were because whenever I've made cookies in the past they have never turned out that great, so this is a very happy moment for me *cue big cheesy grin*. I will be making these a lot!!!! I think I might go make some more now...

Faye
xxxx


Comments

Popular Posts