My Eurovision Menu

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 was last night. Did you watch it? I did.

Each year I say I'm not going to bother with it next year because it goes on for sooo long, but it always ends up on the box.

This year my mum decided to make a night of it and put together food to represent each country (well, a few of them anyway).

My parents have just recently come back from a week in Greece and as I am trying to experiment more with my cooking, they brought me home some herbs to create some lovely Greek dishes, so what better night to crack them open. 


To start we had some little canapės. I followed the instructions from the herbs packet and sprinkled them onto the Greek feta cheese with a bit of olive oil. We then sliced the cheese to place on top of our Italian Crostini with tomatoes and Spanish ham, and a couple with salmon (just because we already had some made up).


Feta cheese sprinkled with herbs and olive oil
Our delicious canapes

For our main course we had an Italian pasta dish with salad.



We were a bit creative when it came to dessert... When I say creative, we didn't actually have anything that was typically from the countries we 'pretended' they would represent...it was more of a play on words.

Swiss Roll and French Fancies anyone?

To swallow it all down we had a nice cold glass of British Pimms. Luuurverly!


How did you spend your Eurovision night?

Faye
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts