Festival fever (literally)

I attended a festival last weekend at one of my local pubs called The Ferry. They have been holding this festival for years and every year I have said I will go, but I have a memory like a sieve so I only remember when it is too late. This year I finally got my act together and purchased some tickets because they sell out ridiculously quick.

They call it...wait for it...Glastonferry!!!! Genius.

I know a lot of people are doing posts like this at the minute but, although I had a really good time, I did unfortunately suffer from sun stroke after it, so I thought I would share some festival tips to hopefully save a few people from making the same mistakes I did, as well as a few general tips.

Tip number one:
Do not underestimate the sun. Luckily I didn't burn, I barely caught the sun at all to be honest, but my mate did and now she has a really dodgy tan line on her back and it's starting to peel (it is quite funny when it's not on you though teehee). I used sun cream with SPF 30 and I wore my Clinique Super City block primer underneath my foundation which has an SPF 40, so I just caught a few freckles on my shoulders rather than looking like a lobster.

Tip number two:
Water is your friend. Drinking cold cider in the sun may sound like bliss, but when you are out in the sun all day drinking water in between the alcohol is seriously the best advice I can give. This is where I went wrong. I didn't feel dehydrated or too hot and I didn't even have that much to drink, so this is where I was deceived. It was later on in the evening when all of a sudden I started to feel really cold. I thought it was just because the sun was going down, but my friends were fine. When I started to really shiver and get goose bumps on my legs, I instantly knew something wasn't right, so I bought myself a cup of tea (despite being called an old granny by my so called 'friends') to try and warm me up. When that didn't work, it was time to go home and I literally had the worst night sleep ever. It turns out I had caught sun stroke. My temperature was all over the place all night, and it took me 3/4 days to recover completely. So, drink plenty of water...and wear a hat...and spend some time in the shade...and forget that you're 22 years old and start sounding that you are actually a granny (oh dear, someone pass me the cider).

Tip number three:
Stay clean guys. Although the portaloos were surprisingly clean and never ran out of toilet paper and soap in the dispensers (ahh, the little things), but being prepared is always a good idea. I took a little bottle of hand sanitizer and a pack of tissues just in case, because feeling gross is never fun.

Tip number four:
Wear sensible footwear. Even though the weather was gorgeous on the day, the day before it had been raining so even on the Glastonferry Facebook page they advised people to wear wellies because it might get muddy. So, of course I wore my wellies. It wasn't muddy so I didn't really need them, but there were some girls wearing heels, and we all know heels and grass are not a good combination. I watched them struggle to walk around and spent most of the time sat down; they couldn't have had a very good time. So, ladies please think about your feet.

Tip number five:
Powder up. I really didn't want to look like I was melting (who does?), so after I put on my foundation I set my make up with my favourite powder; the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in silky beige. I also popped it in my bag in case I needed it to cover any shiny bits throughout the day.

That's all for now folks. Hope these tips are a little bit helpful (sorry no pics today, I'm not very prepared).
Happy festivaling and stay safe kids.
xxxx


Comments

  1. Really nice post!
    I would love to see you on my blog!
    xoxo Antonella !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I will check your blog out now :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts