A day at the seaside

I had a lovely day out with my mum and stepdad to Llandudno and Conwy. I haven't been to Llandudno since I was little so I was really looking forward to it. We left early to make the most of the sunny day.



The first thing we did was purchase some sun cream. Not a big fan of the lobster look. Once creamed up we headed to the tram and took a ride up to the top of the Great Orme. You can walk up but...meh. The view up there was beautiful; we could see all around Llandudno.

It looks a bit cloudy but I promise you the sun was shining :)
There was a little cafe and a pub at the top where you could sit and soak up your surroundings, so we treated ourselves to tea and cake and enjoyed the view.
Top - H&M
Skirt - Bank
Shoes - Primark
Hat - New Look
Bag - Topshop

Then back onto the tram we went to take us back down. We had a nice stroll along the pier looking in all the shops along the way. I love having a nosey in the little souvenir shops, seeing what cute trinkets and bits and bobs they're selling. I thought all these rubber ducks with names and funny sayings on were so sweet. I nearly bought one saying 'the cool duck'.

I had a quacking time ;)

There was a jazz band playing at the end of the pier which I thought was lovely. They were dressed smart in red suits (I wish I took a picture of them) and it was so relaxing just listening to them. After looking out at the sea, trying desperately to see Ireland (which of course was never going to happen), we headed back to the car.


Thought this Queen of Hearts was cool
We were told Conwy do the best fish and chips so, naturally, we had to try for ourselves. After a short drive we could see Conwy castle.


We bought our fish and chips (I actually had a sausage) which smelt amazing, grabbed a nice spot by the harbour and dug in. I didn't get a picture of the harbour, I was too bust stuffing my face (I know, I know, I'm a terrible blogger *cue the wagging of fingers*). The chips were pretty good. They weren't put in paper though, they were in a tray, which I know makes it easier to eat out of and carry around, but there's something about eating them out of paper that makes them taste so much better. Amirite, amirite? One pesky seagull did steal some of my mum's fish though, which I thought was hilarious.

Enjoying my ice cream outside the castle
To end the day off we couldn't leave without having an ice cream. The ice cream parlour we went to was so busy so we knew they were going to be good, and they really were. I went for two flavours, honeycomb and chocolate and it was massive and so yummy :)

All in all it was a lovely day.

Faye
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts