My first cheesecake

I've been baking again! I decided I wanted to make something I haven't tried before, so of course I had to make a cheesecake (what else?). But not just any cheesecake...a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake mmmm :)

I absolutely love cheesecake so the pressure was on to make this taste amaaaazing. I had a quick search on the internet and found the Princess of baking, Nigella Lawson's recipe (Mary Berry is obviously Queen).

I have to say, for my first time at making cheesecake it was bloody gorgeous. So light and creamy and it was really easy to make. It may not be the cheapest thing to bake because the ingredients can be a bit pricey, but there is no baking actually involved so it was a good recipe to begin with.


My white chocolate and raspberry cheescake

Here's the recipe:
200g digestive biscuits (or ginger nuts, Oreos or shortbread) 
75g butter (melted) 
300g white chocolate 
284ml double cream 
250g soft cheese (full-fat, such as Philadelphia) 
250g mascarpone cheese 
200g raspberries (fresh or frozen) 

All you need to do is:
Line a 20cm springform cake tin.
Crush the biscuits and mix in to the melted butter and tip in to the cake tin making sure it is flat and smooth.
Put it in the fridge while you make the topping.
Melt the white chocolate in a bowl over some simmering water.
Beat the cream, philadelphia and mascarpone together in a bowl and then stir in the melted white choccy.
Place a third of the raspberries onto the biscuit base and cover with a third of the creamy topping, repeat twice until you have used all the mixture.
Place a few more raspberries on the top to make it look pretty.
I also decided to scatter some flaked almonds on top too.
Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight.

Mmmmelted chocolate get in my belly <3

I had a few raspberries left over so I thought it would be nice to make a coulis to go with it. I squished the raspberries with a spoon in a sieve and caught the juices in a bowl. I then stirred in some icing sugar until it tasted how I liked it and it went really well with the cake.

Ready to eat :)
Me and the family really enjoyed it so much it only lasted about 2 days (we're not pigs I promise). I would really recommend giving this one a go. I will definitely be making it again, maybe just for a special occasion though while it is a bit pricey.

Let me know if you give it a go and tell me what you think about it.

Faye
xxxx

Comments

  1. Mmmmmmmmm. Looks so tasty.
    You did a great job.

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was delicious :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts