How to make the most out of your trip to Paris




For those who want to go to Paris in the future I thought I would give you some tips that I picked up while I was there.

Tip number one:

Try and always have plenty of change on you. The ticket machines in the metro do not accept notes and if the office isn’t open then there will be no way for you to get a ticket. There was one time when we didn’t have enough change between us so we gathered what we did have to buy one ticket. The nominated person had to go through the gates and find a way to get more or more change. In the end she had to buy a bottle of water to get plenty of change and passed it over the gate to us so we could get our own ticket. Such a nuisance.

Tip number two:

Buy a carnet. This is a book of ten tickets for about €14. It saves so much money! We got one between two and it lasted for the first three days, then we just needed to get one more between the four of us on our final day. So much cheaper than buying each ticket separately.

Tip number three:

Wear comfy shoes! I didn't want to underestimate the fashion in Paris and it took me soooo long to decide what clothes and shoes to wear. Taking walking shoes never even crossed my mind because, let's face it, they aren't very stylish, but I almost wish I did (almost). Not necessarily walking shoes but definitely comfier and waterproof shoes. My feet were squelching for most of the trip because there were times when it just lashed it down and there was no way we were going to let a bit of rain stop us from seeing the sights, so we got pretty wet. Also, because I didn't have the best shoes on for walking miles each day, my feet were too saw to wear the wedges I took for the night time. Devastated :( Sensible shoes are a must!

Tip number four:

It may seem boring and unspontaneous but make an itinerary and organise your time well. There is so much to see and do that if you don't and you just go with the flow, there is no way you will get it all done.

Tip number five:

If you want to see a Moulin Rouge show, book it in advance. We decided not to see one because it is a bit out of our price range, but I know from when my sister went that they couldn't get tickets because it was sold out. You need to book them way before you even get to Paris. *News flash* Topless ladies are popular! Don’t know why…

That's all for now folks. Hope you find this a little bit helpful. If anyone has any other tips leave them in the comments below.

x

Comments

Popular Posts