Celebrating like a lady

"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!"

It was my birthday on Saturday and I had a really nice day. The mother and I went to this cute, little farm in Cheshire called Davenports for afternoon tea. I love everything miniature, even the mini travel toiletries, I just find them all so cute so I've wanted to go for afternoon tea for a while. After some research on t'internet we stumbled across a farm not too far from where we live so we decided to have a trip out and see what the place was like. Straight away it was perfect and we booked it there and then. They do a few different types of afternoon tea, from a standard one to a champagne one, with a couple of others in between. I naturally went for the champagne one (it's my birthday, don't judge), mum didn't of course, she was driving (that would have ended badly).

Afternoon tea with my mum

Everything was so dainty. It was like we were in a fairy tale, especially because they had Alice in Wonderland painted on the wall. Some tables even had little puzzles on them or a chess board for you to play while you waited for your lunch.

Before they gave us our tea they took our cups away to warm them up which was such a lovely touch. I hadn't tried some of the fillings that were in the sandwiches before, but I really enjoyed them. There were the more basic ham and egg mayonnaise, but we also had fresh salmon, beef which was almost like a paste but was delicious, and cucumber and cream cheese which was my favourite. I do love cream cheese but I never thought I would like it with cucumber so I was pleasantly surprised.


Sipping my tea before digging into the cakes

The cakes...wow!  There were so many to choose from and they all looked delicious. It took us a while to decide who was going to have what. We both started with a carrot cupcake because that was the only cake there were two of and the icing on top was decorated into beautiful flowers. So pretty. There was also a Victoria sponge cake, a lemon meringue pie, a macaroon which I was very excited about since I have recently fallen in love with them after my Paris trip, a chocolate eclair, a cream slice and a few other little treats. There was also a small shot glass of jelly which we were told was to cleanse our pallet in between courses. It was a bit strange, so that was the only thing I wasn't raving over. After we finished the mount of miniature sandwiches and cakes we were brought warm scones, cream and jam which really finished me off. I was stuffed!

Yummy :)

In between munching on the grub and drinking my tea I was sipping my champagne. It made me feel all posh.

Davenports not only has a tea room but it also has a shop that sells local beers and ciders. Obviously I couldn't resist and bought myself a bottle of cider. Perfect for my pre-drinking sesh with the girls later on that evening before we hit the town. They even had a little boutique shop, (everything was little, I was in my element, maybe it's because I'm such a short arse that I love little things....hmm food for thought). The shop sold funky jewellery and furniture, and lovely scented candles, I loved the cinnamon one, it smelt like Christmas.

 It was such a lovely day out. I have never felt so English! :)

xxxx

P.S. I didn't get to take many pictures, too busy stuffing my face! So here's some pics from my birthday night out too.

Sara, myself and Vicky enjoying cocktails
 
Love this one- it looks like sara is being abducted by aliens
The sister, Simone, and mwah

Comments

Popular Posts