A Weekend in Lisbon

Portugal is one of my favourite places to visit. I have been on a couple of family holidays to the Algarve when I was younger and I have really wanted to go back to visit their capital city.

I finally got to cross Lisbon off my 'places to visit' list when I headed their for a long weekend with my friend, Vicky.

I didn't really know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a lovely place and has some beautiful views of the river. We were very lucky to have a roof pool and bar in our hotel that looked out over the city. It was so peaceful looking out with the castle on the left, the river straight in front of us and all the shops and restaurants in between.We spent most of the holiday drinking sangria along the river, but we did get in some exploring too.

Through idly wondering around we found that we could go on a mini cruise along the river at sunset. We couldn't resist obviously. It was a very romantic setting and we both agreed it would have been lovely if our better half's were there with us (especially since we surrounded by couples). We also took the lift up the Santa Justa Elevator and sat in the bar looking out over the city.

Here's just a few of the snaps I took while I was there.

















Have you been to Lisbon? Take a look at my next trip to Mexico!

Faye
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts