Skincare Routine? What Skincare Routine?



For a long time I tried to figure out my skin care routine. I would try all sorts of products, giving them a good few months to work their magic before I gave up and tried something else.

I tried multiple Clinique products, constantly going back and forth to their John Lewis counter in Liverpool for consultations, but nothing seemed to work. My skin was a mess. It was the worst it had ever been. I never really suffered with bad skin as a teenager, I was quite lucky, but things changed in my early twenties, or you could say it was when I started to take my skincare more seriously - little did I know it was to be my downfall.

My mum kept saying to me I was doing too much and I should leave my skin alone, but after reading so many beauty blogs raving over these products and telling us how important skincare is, it took me a while to listen to her.

I finally decided to give it all a break to see what would happen and it was definitely the right decision to make. It has been at least a year since I last I stopped messing around with different products and my skin is the best it has been in a long time. It is pretty much clear the majority of the time.

There are obviously a couple of products I still use; The Body Shop Cleansing Butter and eye make up remover in the evening, and I moisturise with just the Simple face lotion. In the morning I don't bother with a 3 step stage cleansing routine. I just wash my face with water and moisturise - that's it! Every now and then, when my face isn't feeling as smooth, I'll use The Body Shop Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask for a gentle scrub. But that only comes out once every few weeks.

And that as they say is that. Obviously everybody's skin is different, and a skincare routine may work for some, but don't feel like you have to have one just because bloggers talk about how amazing they are. You may be like me and your skin works better without all those products. I've learnt to let my skin look after itself and I couldn't be happier.

You can find my reviews on some of the products I've mentioned here

Faye
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts