"Is he gay or European?"


Who's seen Legally Blonde in the Theatre?

It was a while ago now that I saw it with my family in Leicester but I still want to share my thoughts.

I don't actually live anywhere near Leicester but my sister was working on the show backstage so we thought we would kill two birds with one stone - visit the sis and see a good show (we are a big theatre loving family after all).

The day didn't get off to a great start to be honest. it should normally have taken us two hours to get there, but unluckily there was loads of traffic causing it to take us three and a half hours instead. I, along with plenty of others I'm sure, hate it when people turn up late to the theatre. It's not hard to get here on time, is what I would usually whisper to the person next to me, but this time the tables were turned.

After taking us so long to get there we were at least 15 minutes late. I don't know what I felt more - frustrated or embarrassed. Luckily the show started a bit late too so we didn't miss too much.

Putting our drama to the side, the drama on stage was very good. It's not the best I've seen; it doesn't quite compare with The Lion King or Wicked, but it is still a fun show to see. My favourite part is when the UPS guy (his name escapes me) is introduced with seductive music to mark his entrance. It had the whole audience in stitches, and all the women wolf-whistling of course.

The best line in one of the songs has to be "is he gay or European" during the court case. Those who have seen it will understand - so funny! The whole cast  were great too. I don't have a bad word to say about it.

After the show Lucy, my sister, took us backstage. It's only the second time she has taken me behind the scenes, so I still act like a silly fan girl, even though I wasn't even introduced to any of the cast - cringe!

Would I recommend it? Definitely.

Faye
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts