Getting In The Christmas Spirit



Christmas seems so far away in November, but as soon as it hits December I start to get very excited (and stressed about all the presents I still haven't bought). The decorations come out. The parties and meals out get planned. The Christmas drinks and food appear. The Christmas jumpers can finally get dragged out from the back of my wardrobe. And most importantly I can explore the Christmas markets. 

Manchester Christmas markets

I’ve been to two markets this year; Manchester and Birmingham. I go to the one in Manchester every year and I have always claimed it as the best one, but after going to the one in Birmingham I have found a worthy rival. As a tradition every year I have a bailey’s hot chocolate at the markets (it’s just wrong to divert from tradition right?) and I absolutely love a hog roast sandwich! I don't usually do much shopping at them, I just eat and drink myself silly.



Black Forest
Caramel Fudge


Other Christmas treats I have helped myself to are the drinks at Costa; gingerbread latte, caramel fudge hot chocolate and black forest hot chocolate. And of course the classic mince pies, which I may have had one or two already…or more.

To keep up the Christmas spirit at work I have decorated my desk with a little tree and my Frozen advent calendar. The day my Mum doesn’t buy me an advent calendar and I have to buy my own is the day I will have to realise that I am now an adult – nobody wants that!


Little tree
Frozen advent calendar



















For the first time I have helped my Mum make the Christmas cake. Together we made the mixture and baked the fruit cake. Weeks later we fed the cake with brandy. A few weeks later again we covered it in marzipan. All that’s left to do is ice and decorate it to make it look to good to eat.

I am now feeling very Christmassy. Who's with me?

Faye
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts