My Halloween Makeup

My shocked pumpkin
With all the excitement of getting ready and getting myself to the Halloween house party I was attending I forgot to take a decent picture of my makeup and costume. Here's the only one I took with my family and I thought I would share how I achieved this look with you anyway.

My family all ready to rock Halloween

The Face
I used my Clinique Anti-blemish Solutions foundation and Collection Lasting Perfection concealer for my base to hide those lovely (not so lovely) blemishes. I didn't apply concealer to my under eyes though because I wanted my dark circles to stay dark. To get the pale look I applied Talcum powder instead of makeup powder to set my foundation.



The eyes
Moving on to my eyes I used my Urban Decay eye primer to make sure my eye shadow would last all night. I 'borrowed' my sister's Urban  Decay Vice 2 eyeshadow palette and used the shade poison (very apt I think) all over my lid and a little bit under my eye. I then took a shimmery grey colour (I don't know the name of it) from one of my very old The Body Shop eyeshadow palettes and blended it over the top and took it a little higher than the black. I applied the Maybelline The Falsies mascara (my all time favourite mascara) to both my top and bottom lashes. I also added a little black eyeliner on my lower water line with the Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil. To finish my eyes off I used my Eyelure Naturalists Evening Wear eyelashes. I don't wear them often because I am so rubbish at putting them on and I never normally wear ones that are as intense as these, but it's Halloween so why not, ey?






The lips
I dabbed Talcum powder onto my lips to make them colourless, then took the grey eyeshadow from The Body Shop palette again and patted that onto the edges of my lips. I took my Urban Decay eyeliner to draw criss crosses to make them looked stitched up.

For everything else
To contour I took that same grey eyeshadow again and took it under my cheekbone (where you normally apply bronzer), down the sides of my nose and along my hairline. I also put some on where my dark circles are to enhance them. From the same The Body Shop eyeshadow palette I used the black eyeshadow to dramatically fill in my eyebrows. For that extra stitching effect I used my Soap and Glory Supercat liquid eyeliner to draw the crosses just above my eyebrow. I dabbed some more Talcum powder over the top so it didn't look so harsh.



I did also curl my hair a bit, back comb it a lot and cover it in Talcum powder to make it look a bit cray cray.

And that is that. Easy peasy. I do wish I went even more extreme with the contouring though, but we live and learn.

I took my inspiration from this picture I found.She has done it so much better than me.


I then discovered her YouTube video here on how she created this look, which was very handy!

What did you dress up as for Halloween?

Faye
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts