Emmerdale 'V' Coronation Street

Yesterday I did something a bit different. I spend the day watching TV soap stars getting hot and sweaty and a little feisty. Intrigued?

It was the Emmerdale 'v' Coronation Street netball match all in aid of ITV's Text Santa charity. The cast and crew and a few professional netball players came together to play a game at the Manchester Thunderdome.

Celebration at the end of the game
The cast from Emmerdale included Charley Webb (Debbie Dingle), Eden Taylor-Draper (Belle Dingle), Sammy Winward (Katie Addyman), Amy Walsh (Tracey Shankley) and Michelle Hardwick (Vanessa Woodfield). The Corrie team were Hayley Tamaddon (Andrea Beckett), Katy Cavanagh (Julie Carp), Jane Danson (Leanne Tilsley), Tisha Merry (Steph Britton) and Brooke Vincent (Sophie Webster). 

Team Emmerdale warming up
I not only went to support the charity, but also to support one of my close friends, Sara, who is a part of the Emmerdale crew. So, of course, other than the fact that Emmerdale is my favourite soap, I wanted them to win. It was a close score but the best soap won 18-22! Hell to the yeah!

My mate - go on girl!
The girls really went for it and the standard of play was cracking. I was really impressed. There seemed to be a bit of...how shall I put it...passion...determination to win that made a few (not naming any names) get a bit fiery. But it was all in the name of charity.

The audience really got behind their favoured team to cheer them on. Without realising it we ended up on the Corrie side so we gave it all we got to cheer on the Yorkshire soap. We left with not much of a voice left, it was so much fun.

During the auction



A few of the male cast turned up too. Danny Miller (Aaron Livesy) from Emmerdale and Ian Puleston-Davies (Owen Armstrong) from Coronation Street were the commentators. I will admit I was rather happy about Danny being there. It might have had something to do with him being absolutely gorgeous, handsome, sexy, charming...OK I'm getting distracted, but it was nice to meet him. The duo held the auction where the netball kit from each team covered in the casts signatures were up for grabs. There were two from both teams and each went for around £300 which is amazing.

Major fangirl moment with Danny Miller
A lot of money was raised with tickets sales, auctions and raffles. It was so good to be in the audience and enjoy a great game for such a good cause (and meet my TV crush of course!)

Which team would you have supported?

Faye
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts