Beauty review: make up

I've tried out quite a few products lately so I thought I would share them with all your beautiful faces. I've got that many to share that I am splitting them into two posts. This one is going to be on make up and the next one will be on skin care so look forward to that :)

My products (apologies it isn't the best picture)

Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

I wanted a BB cream that was a bit lighter than my Clinique one and my friend, Jackie, suggested one from Maybelline and I'm really glad I listened to her. I went for the Dream Fresh instead of Pure (for no particular reason) in the shade light to match my ridiculously pale skin. It claims to create a natural glow, blur imperfections and looks visibly smooth. I have to say it does all of this. It gives me a really natural and light coverage, so it is perfect for when I am having a good skin day and I don't want to put too much makeup on. I just blend it in with my fingers and it glides on beautifully. It can get a little dewy but it's nothing a little bit of powder can't fix. Jackie told me the Dream Pure is more matte, so I will try that one next because I do prefer a matte finish. It also has an SPF 30 which is always an added bonus. Definitely a good buy!

Rimmel Wake Me UP Foundation

I have seen a lot of bloggers and YouTubers rave over this product, so I needed to see what all the fuss was about. I was a little bit disappointed to be honest. Not because I think it's rubbish because it is a good foundation, I think I was just expecting too much of it. At first I had concerns that it wasn't very good for my skin because I kept breaking out after using it. But, that hasn't happened every time so whether that was just a coincidence I don't know. I did also find that it clung to any dry areas I had, which is never pretty. Even though I like the glass bottle (it gives it a more high end feel to it) it does get a bit messy. Quite a lot of foundation seems to gather around the top. All that being said, I do really like the overall look the foundation gives me. It says it gives a natural glow and I would agree with that, and it also has a SPF 15 (win!). I chose the shade 100 Ivory and it gives me a nice bit of colour without being too dark. It has a good medium coverage and lasts a long time. And, something I didn't expect, it smells so good! I never thought I would like a foundation because of the way it smelt but I can't help having a good whiff as I slap it on my face. I'm not sure I will repurchase it though. I'd rather experiment with other foundations.

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

I needed a new concealer to cover up my dark circles so I bought the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the shade fair. It claims to last up to 16 hours and I believe that it does. I use my fingers to blend it in and it has a nice creamy texture, but it doesn't crease. I don't think the colour matches perfectly, but it really does lighten up my eyes. Not amazing, but not too bad.

Have you tried any of these products?

Faye
xxxx


Comments

Popular Posts