mon expérience de paris

I totally just goolge translated my post title so apologies to all the French speakers out there if it isn't completely accurate (please don't hate me).

I have wanted to go to Paris for such a long time and about 6 months ago so many people who I have on Facebook seemed to have been going to Paris. I kept flicking through all their pics with a little green monster on my shoulder so from then I knew it was time to gather the troops and book our own trip. As soon as we parted with our precious pennies the time just flew by and it wasn't long before it was time to board the plane to the land of baguettes and frogs legs.

I had never been abroad without 'adult' supervision before. You may be thinking 'but Faye you're 21, you are an adult'. Well yes, yes I am but I most definitely do not feel it. I have only ever been abroad with my parents and on school trips so it was a big step for me. I was so nervous checking in, panicking that I had done something wrong or forgotten to bring some important document and we wouldn't be let on the plane. I always hate going through security. I feel like a criminal being watched, just waiting for the gates to beep so I have to be searched in front of everyone. *cringe*

Once we were on the plane I was ready to relax.

Our plane selfie
                                                                 

Paris wasn't quite as 'romantic' as I thought it would be, which is probably a good thing considering I was there with three of my best friends and not my boyfriend (I need to find a boyfriend first), but it was still an amazing experience.

Our hotel was near the Sacre-Coeur and Moulin Rouge so we saw them first. We then went back to the hotel for a little siesta because we had been up since 3am and wanted to feel fresh and ready to hit the town for a few cocktails.

Sparkly cocktails!
                                                                                            

On our second day we went to my second home... DISNEY!!!!!! It's my dream to be a disney princess (Belle is my favourite), so I was in heaven. It was fairly quiet  so we got to go on Space Mountain (aka the best ride ever) three times. They take the photo right at the start of the ride so on the first 2 goes our photos were very disappointing. Determined to get an awesome picture on our final go, as soon as we entered the darkness we posed ready for the flash.

The result
                                                                                              
The next day was pretty hectic. We did so much walking and got to see so much. We started off at Notre Dame to say hi to Quasimodo, then we found the Mona Lisa in the Louvre, had a nice stroll down the Champs-Elysees, took a few snaps at the Arc de Triomph, then we ended the day at the Eiffel Tower before we headed back to the hotel to glam ourselves up for another night of cocktails.

*Side note* I just had a major diva moment! I got this far in my post and thought I had accidentally deleted it and had a bit of a hissy fit. Phew drama over, back to the blog.

On our final day we found the Alexandre III bridge and the lock bridge and every inch of it is literally covered in locks. Some people have really gone to town and had their names engraved on their locks. It was pretty impressive. We then took a very relaxing boat ride down the river Seine, which was just lovely. Then we ended our trip to Paris in the beautiful Luxembourg gardens where we found a little stall that sold the biggest macarons that I have ever seen. They were absolutely amazing. Heaven in a bite!
Me and Sara at Disney :)

So that was how I spent last week. Pretty amazing few days. There were still some things we didn't have time to do, like see a Moulin Rouge show, walk up the Arc de Triumphe, check out the view at the top of the Montparnasse, see the Eiffel Tower at night. 

I will definitely have to go back...What a shame!


:)

Comments

Popular Posts