How I'm Keeping Fit in 2018

How I'm going to staying fit in 2018 and what motivates me
While it’s the New Year, I thought I’d start off with a new year, new me style blog. Oh, how original I hear you say! But this isn’t the generic resolution type of post, but more what I have been doing and wish to continue in 2018, and I thought I’d share it with you lovely lot to help those who want to get more fit too.

Firstly, I would like to state that I am in no way an expert and I have had no professional training in putting together a fitness plan so I won't go into too much detail about exactly what I do. I just wanted to share how I stay motivated and how I find what works for me.

Everything I do has been inspired by watching many fitness influences on Facebook and Instagram to find a plan that works for me. And also by trialling different workouts to see what I like and what I can see myself sticking to.

It also helps that I have a fella that used to play rugby and has a few training tips of his own. My cardio workout is basically what he told me to do!

A healthy lifestyle


Now, my diet isn't the best. I do try to eat healthily, not eat too many treats and eat enough protein to help with my workouts, but I don't plan my meals in advance enough, so I know I can be a lot better, which is something I am going to work on in the New Year.

I keep energised in my workouts with BCAA amino acids

The only mention I will make with regards to my diet is a supplement I have recently discovered that I am loving at the minute! It is the BCAA peach tea. I don’t use protein powder but I do use this whenever I work out. It is similar to protein shakes but more focuses on boosting your amino acids to help your muscles regrow (I think). It was thanks to Tammy Hembrow that I found this gem and I have noticed a difference in my energy levels while working out. So far I have only tried the peach tea flavour and it actually tastes like it, a cheap version but still peach tea nonetheless. I have a watermelon flavour waiting to try too.

Workouts for women


I used to follow the Ashy Bines 28 day programme and as much as I did enjoy it most of the time, it wasn’t realistic for me to do it every day, and I would often find certain exercises in the sets that I didn’t like. There were some I particularly didn't like doing in the gym simply because they were odd like the Turkish get up. I mean, I know everybody is focused on their own thing in the gym, but I do still get a bit self-conscious if I'm doing something different to what I'm used to. I also get a bit intimated using some of the machines, especially if they are in the area with the heavyweights which is often occupied by rather muscular men. So, I avoid with a bargepole! I definitely feel more at ease to try new things and different machines when I am there with a friend so I would recommend finding a gym buddy.

Hitting the gym in adidas trainers


So, instead of following Ashy Bines I have watched videos from numerous professionals to find out different ways to get the same results and to see which exercises I enjoy and what works for me.

My fitness motivation


My favourite influencers at the moment are Kayla Itsines for her varied routines, Emily Skye for her upbeat attitude towards exercise (even when pregnant!) which is really refreshing, Tammy Hembrow for her amazing and motivational insta pictures (I will have her booty one day), and Faisal, aka Mr PMA for his absolute passion for staying fit and healthy, he really gets me in the mood to hit the gym.

I don't weigh myself because my goal isn't weight loss. I want to focus on how I look and feel. My aim is to train 4 times a week. This can slip sometimes I can go back into old habits of thinking ‘eugh I can’t be arsed to go’ therefore I don’t. But, now that Christmas is over, all the leftovers have been eaten and it's a fresh year it's time to get back into it.

I find having a plan it really gives me the motivation I need to get me there, so let's do this!

What's your motivation to keep fit and healthy?

Faye
xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts