A Night At The Races With Jess Glynne


Despite the rainy weather, I went to see Jess Glynne with a couple of my friends at Haydock Racecourse recently.

I wasn't actually aware these type of concerts happened until my mate invited me to it (probably been living under a rock somewhere). It is by far cheaper than seeing your favourite artist on their arena tour. Yes, ok their 'proper' tour is going to be completely different, but if you are on a budget it is a great way to get to a concert. This one only cost about £34 (the exact cost escapes me).

The horse I lost £2 on
Stunning rainbow over the race

Not only did we get to go to a gig, but we got to see a few horse races too. We only caught the last one because we didn't take time off work to get their early. I put a cheeky little £2 bet on - I lost!

We didn't get the best spot by the stage to be honest. Some people must have been there for hours before to get to the front. We ended up on the side and behind a wired fence - it sounds like we weren't even inside the venue, but I promise you we were! We could still see, but it was pretty impossible to get a decent picture (hence the lack on here).

Jess, as usual, was on top form, looking amazing in her staple trouser suit and cat eyes.

The weather unfortunately wasn't on our side and I did have to get my little mac out and shield myself under other people's brollies. We did have a couple of glasses of Pimms to keep our spirits up despite nearly breaking the bank to get them - did you know how expensive drinks our at the races?!



The dress code was a bit confusing - some were all glammed up as if they were going to Lady's Day, where as others were more casual and weather appropriate in festival attire. We dressed for the latter. My friend said, 'The dress code is a bit like the Brexit - nobody has a clue what's going on' which I thought summed it up perfectly.

I had a really good time and would definitely recommend attending this kind of event.

Faye
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts