Exploring Cardiff


My boyfriend and I went away on our first trip together to Cardiff. As I used to go to University in South Wales I have been to Cardiff so many times and it is one of my favourite cities, but James had never been so I really wanted to take him and show him around.


                                        

One of my uni friends, Becki, lives in Cardiff so seeing her again was a must! And I got to meet her boyfriend, Adam. On the first night we met up for food in Las Iguanas which was delicious and had a few drinks in Revolution Bar. We had such a lovely evening and it was so nice to catch up since I hadn't seen Becki in a year.

At Las Iguanas
Becki & I

However, we were a bit disappointed with the night life. Becki and I were used to queueing around the block from 10pm to get into Revs on a Wednesday night, but it was dead. Clearly not the place to be anymore - but when you've got great company it doesn't matter.

We stopped off for a sundae
Millennium Stadium
The weather was lovely and sunny while we were there so it was nice to just walk around and see the sights. 
As a big rugby fan James had to see the Millennium stadium, thankfully it is right in the centre so it was easy for us to walk around and tick off his wish list. 

 
Cardiff Castle

We had a romantic walk around the Cardiff Castle grounds and had a nosey at all the shops along Queen Street. I did debate taking a look inside the Castle as it has been something I wanted to do while I was at uni, but that's something to do when we go back.







When it was tea time we popped on the train and headed down to Cardiff Bay for another lovely meal and a couple of drinks while looking out across the bay. 
 
Cardiff Bay
Cardiff Bay

On our way to Cardiff Bay

We had an amazing time and I can't wait to book our next trip away!

Have you ever been to Cardiff?

Faye
xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts