An Adult Pantomime

Hands up if you’ve seen The Rocky Horror Show! I recently went with my sister and it is definitely an experience.

It’s not just a show but a night out. 



There’s one thing to get straight… you can’t go without dressing up. Well, technically you can but why would you want to? I will admit I’m not very good at fancy dress. I have neither the creativity, the funds or, to be quite honest, the guts to come out with an absolute banger outfit, so both me and the sis decided to dress up without going OTT. After much deliberation (and major stressing) I decided to keep it simple and dress up as Magenta. I already had a black leather skort and black shirt, all I needed was a little white pinafore to create my maid outfit which I found dirt cheap on ebay – bargain!


All that was left to was my hair and makeup. Big black eyes, bright lips and curly hair were a must.

Considering I’m not very good at fancy dress and the thought of walking through the streets when it is still daylight looking like this made me rather agitated, I don’t think I did too badly.


Now, enough about me, more about the drag queens and gutsy women who really flaunted their stuff. There’s something quite exciting about seeing grown men who are out with their wives wearing a full face of makeup and fish net stockings. It also came as a bit of shock when they turn around and you see all they are wearing is a thong. I just hope they brought a jacket for when they re-enter the world after the show.


Some women really got their ‘stuff’ out. Bulging corsets, simple bra and underskirt…and nothing else. If they were anywhere else they would have been arrested. It’s amazing how once you walk through those doors anything goes.


The show itself was brilliant! The main guy who played Frank was incredible. I couldn’t take my eyes off him even when he wasn’t the main attraction. He was always on the go, always so energetic. It was captivating. The show was even more raunchy than I thought it would be! Someone described it as an ‘adult pantomime’ which is so true, which is why I was so shocked to see a child there. Cringe!


What would you dress up like?

Faye
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts