Vegas Baby!!

Las Vegas has by far been the most fun I've had on a holiday. I was very tempted to 'loose' my passport and not come home!

I headed off to the US with my friend, Vicky, for 5 days and after a very long day of travelling we arrived to see the big bright lights.

Welcome to Las Vegas!

We stayed in the New York New York hotel and I absolutely loved it. I would say it had one of the best atmospheres out of all the hotels and had some great bars which is perfect for a short stagger home. If I were to go again I would probably stay at the cosmopolitan. It is in the perfect place being right bang in the middle, so it is close to where ever you decide to go.


New York, New York

Outside our hotel

Gambling wasn't on our minds much, but drinking was. The nightlife is so insane it has ruined my nights out back home – they can never live up to the expectations I now have! We went to a club called Marquee in the Cosmopolitan hotel and I have never been to a club like it. The party can be taken outside to the pool area (unfortunately, we went too early in the year for us to be allowed in the pool), it has live DJ’s with dancing girls who throw money around. We were both quite tired and only planned to stay a short while, but there was such a buzz we ended up staying for hours.

The Coyote Ugly bar in New York New York is only a small bar but has a great atmosphere. The girls really get you in the mood to party – and it’s always fun to watch them picking on the men and getting the ladies up on the stage to dance. As tempting as it was to join them I didn’t drink quite enough alcohol to stir up the guts to do it. Next time… maybe.

Tip: Get on guest lists. The clubs are so expensive and there are promoters everywhere to get you on the list for free entry and free drinks (especially girls) so take advantage of it!

Bellagio fountain

I ticked off two things on my bucket list when we visited the Grand Canyon: the destination in itself and taking a ride in a helicopter. Both are definitely up there as the best experiences of my life. I got the best seat in the house on the way being at the front and on the side, so I got to see everything. If you don’t do anything else when in Vegas, going to the Grand Canyon is a MUST!!!


Flying through the Grand Canyon

We made it!!



It was a tough decision between two shows: Britney Spears and Cirque du Soleil. We went for the Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil tribute and it was the perfect choice. The tricks and light effects were incredible. I would definitely recommend it.

All dressed up for the show

I would love to go again! There is still so much we didn’t get to. We regret not staying for the full week and not make another stop off in California while we there. Ahh well… next holiday.

What holiday plans do you have this year?

Faye
xxxx

Comments

Popular Posts